Monday, April 21, 2008

Some of the times are not a changin'

It looks like the White's are not moving to Wilmore, at least not this summer. There was a possibility that I was changing appointments to a church nearer Wilmore, but that is no longer the case.

So much for looking for intentional community and feeling like part of the greater ATS community. So much for adult conversation for Laurie (with persons other than myself). So much for the hopes of a nearby groceries or a movie store.

And gas prices continue to climb. The drive to Wilmore is about 55 miles one way. I drive it at least twice a week. This past week I made the trip 5 times.

On the otherhand, I get to continue in this church where I am comfortable and loved (or at least by my perception). Also, I don't have to find a new place, pack everything up, and move. I still have a parsonage.

So, let's wait and see how all the rest turns out.

No comments: